message tags

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Wed Sep 1 14:48:09 CEST 2004

From: "David Relson" <relson at osagesoftware.com>
> Some people have requested a way to avoid duplicate message registration
> and incorrect unregistration.  As it would impact speed and database
> size, it would be an option to be turned on by those who need it.
>
> Before implementing it such a feature, some testing will be done to see
> if it's value.  It has not been established that tagging is meritless.

Fair enough.  I just think the premise (that double-checking to avoid
duplicate message registration and incorrect unregistration is useful) is
not justified enough to bother with doing the coding and testing.  Someone
should be able to show that a single duplicate registration or incorrect
unregistration is capable of severely impacting accuracy.  This is not my
experience.  But if you feel it is justified, then by all means...  I look
forward to the results.

Tom