New bogofilter TXN snapshot available.

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Oct 30 21:56:07 CEST 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:42:10 +0200
Torsten Veller wrote:

> * Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de>:
> > Please test this to help us make 0.93.0 a good release.
> >
> > Be sure to read the RELEASE.NOTES-0.93 and doc/README.db files
> > before use!
>
> While upgrading I had to dump and reload my wordlist. I read the
> documents but couldn't find anything saying, that this is necessary.
> Is it necessary, am i blind, or is/was there something wrong with my
> old database?
>
> This has happened (old wordlist.db with new bogofilter):
> maildrop's .mailfilter:
> xfilter 'bogofilter -l -p -e'
>
> Delivery error (command maildrop 26793 error (75, wordlist.db: page 1:
>
> reference count overflow
> bogofilter: (db) DB->get(TXN=134994352,  'needs' ), err: 22, Invalid
> argument/usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to filter message.))
>   msg 1/6 (2625 bytes), delivery error (command maildrop 26793 error
> (75, wordlist.db: page 1: reference count overflow
> bogofilter: (db) DB->get(TXN=134994352,  'needs' ), err: 22, Invalid
> argument
>

> BTW:
> contrib/mailfilter.example uses the option '-f'. I don't remember what
> it was, but wasn't it dropped?

Hi Torsten,

Sounds like your wordlist is borked :-<  Time to look at the FAQ and
find out which of the recovery methods (bogoutil -d, db_recover,
db_dump) works best.

Good eye on the '-f'.  It was used to select the "Robinson-Fisher"
algorithm, the best of the three algorithms then available and now the
only one available.  I've fixed the file and committed the change to
CVS.