tri-state classification

Pavel Kankovsky peak at argo.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Oct 27 01:14:06 CEST 2004

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, David Relson wrote:

> I propose that bogofilter's default configuration be changed to use
> tri-state classification with a conservative ham cutoff of 0.4 and with
> bogosity tags of "Spam", "Ham", and "Unsure".

This may be a nasty surprise for people relying on the current default
config (for instance, I myself am already using tri-state classification
but I'll have to either 1. set spamicity_tags explicitly, or 2. review
all my utility scripts to make sure they can handle "Spam" instead of
"Yes" etc.).

Perhaps there should be some kind of transition period when bogofilter
would print a warning whenever it would use one of the changing default
values.

In fact, one might add a new directive to the config file, say
"config_version", telling bogofilter what default values are assumed by
the user, and bogofilter would either 1. use the right default value, or
2. print a warning when the current value has changed since the version
the config file is based on.

Are you going to change the terse output (bogofilter -t) or leave it as it
is now (Y/N/U)?

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."