language (was new file --- GETTING.STARTED)

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Tue Oct 26 07:36:18 CEST 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 10:14:34PM -0700, Bill Wohler wrote:
> Gyepi SAM <gyepi at praxis-sw.com> writes:
>
> > I would expand contractions as well:
> That's old school. Most publishers have relaxed that restriction,

I have always been thought older than my years. Now I know it to be true ;)

Language discussions of this sort can never be resolved. Once you and I put
aside our differences and agree on some acceptable subset of the language,
some young pup will wade in with an entirely new way of saying the same old
things.

My policy on such matters of language and usage is simple.
When asked, I shall offer my opinion. Otherwise I shall keep my counsel and
communicate as best as I know how regardless of what others choose to do.

-Gyepi