new file --- GETTING.STARTED

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Oct 26 00:40:36 CEST 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:10:08 +0200
Matthias Andree wrote:

> "Tom Anderson" <tanderso at oac-design.com> writes:
>
> > You may want to diverge into, or link to, different methods of
> > ongoing training, including IMAP and bfproxy.
>
> We should decide whether this should be a sort of a "getting started
> fast" or a "comprehensive course" on bogofilter use. I'd vote for a
> quickstart-style, as the name suggests. It should only contain what's
> needed to get a _reasonable_ (not necessarily the minimum) setup up
> and running -- pointers, as you suggest, would be much to my
> preference for a "getting started" document.

quickstart-style is what I intend and the intended audience is the new
user.  I figure the folks who have been sys admins for years don't
_need_ this info, though they may find it useful.

A possibly useful addition to GETTING.STARTED or the FAQ is a list of
documents with a few lines on each.  Maybe the way to do it is enhance
the FAQ and have GETTING.STARTED point to the FAQ section.