Dropping TDB (was HEADS UP: QDBM and TDB future)

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Mon Oct 25 20:48:24 CEST 2004

Gyepi SAM wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 06:50:35PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > Speaking of RISC-OS, when we switch over to 0.93, making the new
> > BerkeleyDB Transactional Store code the default (to avoid data base
> > corruption), we're considering discontinuing support for TDB (this
> > is almost sure) and QDBM.

Matthias' original message hasn't arrive here yet, therefore I'm
replying to Gyepi's message.

What does dropped mean? You may have noticed that QDBM didn't need much
attention over the last time. If the interface stays like it is at
present, then I'm willing to make occasional changes if necessary. If
however the interface changes completely and is about to change
frequently in the future, then I won't update bogofilter for RISC OS
anymore and just fork the current version out. I had hoped that this
step will only come some time after 1.0 and not before ...

--
Stefan Bellon