new file --- GETTING.STARTED

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Mon Oct 25 12:43:27 CEST 2004

On 20041024 (Sun) at 1043:53 -0400, David Relson wrote:

> As promised a while ago, I've written a "getting started" document. It's
> aimed for the newbie who has found bogofilter, but isn't quit sure what
> to do with it once he/she's gotten it installed.  The document is still
> a draft.  Odds are I've forgotten some important info.   Please read and
> respond with clarifications, corrections, additions, etc.

It's very well done!  I have just 2 trivial changes and one suggested
addition for the future (txn):

>     "integrating-with-qmail".  Read them for ideas on how to setup
>     bogofilter for your environment.

The verb is "to set up" (with a space); the noun is setup.

>     The most common setup uses bogofilter's "-p" (passthrough) option

>     Once you've use bogofilter for a while, you may wish to optimize
s/use/used/

When we incorporate transaction handling, setting up to use it
correctly will be the trickiest part of getting bogofilter running.
README.db does a good job of explaining the requirements and their
background, but the newbie will need something more like a cookbook.
This document would be a good place for it.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s         | gpg public key: 0x400B1AA86D9E3E64 |
|  http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   (on my website or any keyserver) |