Using bogofilter with local Maildirs (and offlineimap)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Oct 7 00:14:45 CEST 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 17:00:45 -0400
Tom Anderson wrote:

> > With these settings, I've never seen a false positive (ham marked as
> > spam), but I get anywhere from 0.1% to 1% false negatives (spam
> > marked as unsure).  With my mail load, this means 10-100 spams get
> > delivered to my inbox each day.
>
> That's the problem with false positives... you never see 'em... if
> only we could figure out a way to see the false positives ;)
>
> Tom

Rather then /dev/null spam, postfix & procmail keep it and my MUA
filters on "X-Bogosity: Spam" and "X-Bogosity: Unsure" and puts such
messages in special folders where I can deal with them.  All the
"Unsure" messages are used for training.  The "Spam" is generally
archived with, at most, a glance.  When I get home from work and find 2
or 3 hundred spam in the folder, I usually skip the "glance" part.

Anyhow, FP's are available should I ever want to look for them.  It's
happened once or twice when something unexpectedly shows up as "Unsure"
and I look at its tokens in the wordlist.