bug: Lock table is out of available locks

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Nov 29 01:46:28 CET 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 00:22:30 GMT
JUANVAQUEROPONC wrote:

...[snip]...

> Why isn't this lock count incremented automaticaly?
> It's not a good idea to have the user read many documents before
> starting to use a program and having error messages that can be
> programatically resolved is not a good idea either.
> Is anyone working on a proper fix for this problem?

Automatic incrementing _would_ be nice.  I don't think it's easy though.
As a first step, it probably can't happen when more than one program has
the database environment open, i.e. it needs to be done manually.

Matthias is putting a lot of work into having transactions work.
Berkeley DB doesn't make it easy.  Give him time.

Remember, too, that the stable release is 0.92.8.  Since you're using
0.93.1 you've chosen to use the "leading edge" version which is not yet
perfect.

Be patient :-)

> > Instead of the for loop, you can probably use bogofilter's "-B"
> > option for what you want.
>
> Thanks for the hint.

Glad to help!