copying wordlists

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Nov 26 01:07:30 CET 2004

".rp" <printer at moveupdate.com> writes:

> I am really confused about the subject of updating the wordlists in
> bogofilter, but I think I just hit a "eureka" moment.
>
> I am still in .15 version, and when I do a "bogoutil -m" I always make sure
> that sendmail is off. Is the standard procedure that people are using to do
> manipulations of the bogofilter tables while the MTA is running???

With that version, bogoutil -m should only commence work when there are
no more readers, and no new readers can commence until the update is
complete. In the new transactional data store, the bogoutil -m changes
will either all appear at the same time or not at all, and as bogoutil
-m is about dropping whole tokens, the transactions scope bug that makes
the 0.93.0 and .1 versions so inefficient readers, will not matter other
than possibly scoring tokens you are about to remove. I don't think this
makes differences practically.