anomalous subjects

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Thu Nov 25 04:55:41 CET 2004

Very strange behavior... two emails out of 403 correctly classified
spams in the past 11 days did not mark up the subject line
appropriately.  I prefix all spam subjects with the word "[SPAM]" in
order to sort it correctly on my Windows box at work.  At home, my
Evolution client sorts by the X-bogosity line instead, so the anomaly
became immediately apparent when I had a peek at my filtered folder.
The "X-bogosity: Yes" was added appropriately, but for some reason, in
these 2/403 spams, the word "[SPAM]" was not.  I'm attaching the two
errant emails in case you might be able to spot something which might
have thrown bogofilter in these instances.  I don't see anything at all
special about these though.

Tom