Safe to use bogofilter over NFS?

Glenn Morris gmorris+bf at ast.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 17 19:32:39 CET 2004

Is it safe to invoke bogofilter from procmail, when both the
bogofilter executable and wordlist.db are located on NFS-mounted
directories?

The FAQ <URL:http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/faq.php#nfs> seems to
say pretty unambiguously that, yes, it is safe. And indeed I have had
no problems through several versions of bogofilter up to and including
0.92.8.

But in that case I don't understand the response to my bug report
<URL:http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1065311&group_id=62265&atid=499997>,
namely the statement "Bogofilter does not support databases on NFS
storage". I don't see what `make check' does that is any different to
normal operation.

TIA.