A Suggestion [was: multipart spam]

Bill McClain wmcclain at salamander.com
Sun Nov 14 16:29:43 CET 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 08:33:11 -0500
David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

> A reasonable approach for testing such ideas would be a perl script
> (or python program) to separate a message into its parts, score them
> separately, and see what the result gives.  I'd suggest having the
> header be one part (scored using your usual bogofilter flags) and
> having each mime part be scored (using usual flags plus '-H').
>
> So, who's going to do this???

I might be able to produce the raw data, but I'm not sure what the
analysis would be. For each message in a given batch we would have a
score for the header and a variable-length list of mime types and scores
for each part that bogofilter uses. Are we looking for correlation among
the subscores for each message? How would we find the best way to
combine the subscores into the best spamicity value?

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                The King in Yellow
http://sattre-press.com/                 by Robert W. Chambers