suppressing db transaction feature?

W M Brelsford k2di2 at att.net
Sat Nov 13 07:07:17 CET 2004

I think this question was asked and answered, but I can't find it
in the archives.

Is there (or could there be) a configuration option to turn off the
new Berkeley DB transaction feature?  I'd like to do that because:

	- I have a simple two-user setup, and restoring from
	  overnight backups is sufficient in the unlikely event of
	  a crash (the non-transaction version has been working
	  flawlessly)

	- the large new additional files complicate backups and
	  moving the database to other computers, which I do
	  frequently (e.g. via a USB flash drive to a remote
	  machine).

As an alternative, tdb seems to work, but creates a 50%-larger
database file.  (BTW, README.tdb says "configure --with-tdb"
instead of "configure --with-database=tdb".)

Thanks,

--
Bill Brelsford
k2di2 at att.net