list spam

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Nov 13 00:41:15 CET 2004

"Tom Anderson" <tanderso at oac-design.com> writes:

> Good point.  In that case, certainly don't block multipart/alternative as I
> think you alluded might be a good idea.  You might also want to add
> multipart/related, multipart/parallel, and multipart/digest.  I believe
> Evolution sends forwards as multipart/digest, for example.

multipart/digest is for mailing list digests, and if Evolution cannot
send a forward as message/rfc822 embedded in a multipart/mixed, then
it's broken. I've never heard of multipart/parallel, and
multipart/related may not be what we want either. I've never seen any of
the three multipart types on the list that would have been legitimate or
where these multipart/* additional parts would have conveyed essential
information.