Bogofilter -u ??? - thread: 0.93.1 and DB_CONFIG flags

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Fri Nov 12 23:11:28 CET 2004

From: "Michael Gale" <michael.gale at utilitran.com>
> Besides the added system load ... do people find this option helps ??
>
> I am currently using Bogofilter with the -u -p -e option on my postfix
> gateway box and any messages that are misclassified got put into a public
> folder and are automatically reclassified.
>
> With out this option your wordlist would only get updated on error ? Would
> the "always training" be more accurate ?

Yes, absolutely.  Since false positives are rare, by design, if you only
updated on error without using -u, then you would primarily have spams in
your database and very few hams.  My emails are classified at least as much
by hammy tokens as by spammy tokens.  I wouldn't want to miss those.  The
likely result would be more false positives.

Tom