recursion [was: "error" message]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Nov 12 20:52:12 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:37:03 -0800
Rodney D. Myers wrote:

...[snip]...

> Thanks. Got that working now. I know I "should' RTFM. but when
> upgrading, things just worked, until now.

Rodney,

All the capital letters in the 0.93.x announcements were there to prompt
you to RTFM.  Perhaps, we should have started with several lines saying
"RTFM RTFM RTFM ..."?

> Once more encounter that I am unable to get around.
>
> I've streamlined my training script, finally, but so far cannot get
> bogofilter to recurse deeper than 1 or 2 directories deep.
>
> My archive directory is structured like this;

...[snip]...

> Using "bogofilter -nvvv -B " on the individual directories works, just
> annoying to maintain. I attempted to use "bogofilter -nvvv -B
> /home/rodney/Mail/old-archives/*, but this does not recurse into the
> deeper directories.
>
> Did I miss something, or will this not work?

Bogofilter knows about individual message files, mailbox formatted
files, and several kinds of mail directories, but doesn't know about
recursion.  So, it can't do what you want, without a bit of help.

'-B' indicates names (file and/or directory) will be on the command line
'-b' indicates stdin as the source

Assuming you want just yearly directories, i.e. 200?$, something like
the following should do what you want:

  find ~/Mail -type d | grep "200?$" | bogofilter -v -b

HTH,