bogofilter hogging cpu

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Nov 12 02:03:31 CET 2004

MT <mark at rmtqc.net> writes:

>> Which Berkeley DB version are you using?
>> bogofilter -V will tell both pieces of information.
>
> # bogofilter -V
> bogofilter version 0.92.6
>     Database: BerkeleyDB (3.2.9)
> Copyright (C) 2002-2004 Eric S. Raymond,
> David Relson, Matthias Andree, Greg Louis

Nothing striking. Although we don't have much experience with older
Berkeley DB versions, we'd need to know what part of bogofilter is
"expensive".

>From my communications background, I'd think the analysis part is the
expensive one, and that would be the lexer and similar components, but
nothing short of a profile can provide that. That means compiling with
-pg, running a while with your test load and then checking with gprof
where most time is spent.