bogofilter hogging cpu

MT mark at rmtqc.net
Fri Nov 12 01:29:01 CET 2004

David Relson wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:46:07 -0500
> MT wrote:
>
> ....[snip].....
>

>>>Which bogofilter version are you running, how have you installed it,
>>>and if you compiled yourself, what were the compiler options?
>>
>>I didn't use any compiler options:
>>
>>./configure
>>make
>>make check
>>su
>>make install
>>

>>>Which Berkeley DB version are you using?
>>>
>>>bogofilter -V will tell both pieces of information.
>>
>># bogofilter -V
>>bogofilter version 0.92.6
>>     Database: BerkeleyDB (3.2.9)
>>Copyright (C) 2002-2004 Eric S. Raymond,
>>David Relson, Matthias Andree, Greg Louis
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>MT
>

> 3.2..9 is _very_ old.  any chance of installing a newer version?  one
> option may be using the bogofilter-static rpm which includes 4.2.52.  if
> need be, i can email the binary to you..

As I'm using Debian Woody, I checked to see which version of BerkelyDB I
have. It seems I have both libdb2 and libdb3 installed via apt-get.
Since this is debian stable, I don't think I can opt for anything more
recent. I guess in this case I should compile the binary, so yes please
send it to me. I suppose I would have to recompile bogofilter once the
newer DB has been installed. With 3 versions of BerkeleyDB on my system,
how would I make sure that bogofilter is going to link only to the
latest version?

Thanks,

MT