list spam

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Nov 11 19:56:27 CET 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:38:41 -0700
Glenn English wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 21:14, David Relson wrote:
>
> > > Might it not be a good idea to hardcode in a fershur spam
> > > indicator on the string ".exe" :-)
>
> > The standard postfix mail delivery sequence uses postfix (or
> > maildrop) to run virus and spam filtering before delivering incoming
> > mail to its destination.  When mailman installs it creates an
> > aliases file which bypasses the postfix/maildrop step, hence
> > bypasses filtering.
> >
> > At present, I need to learn how to rework the configuration so that
> > virus detection (like amavisd or clamav) can be used.  If you have
> > knowledge of such matters, speak up!
>
> Well, I was just kidding. But couldn't you change Mailman's alias to
> point to a script that runs bogofilter on the email, then feeds the
> ham to Mailman?

mailman generates the alias file, so will wipe out manual changes.
however changes to alias file are infrequent, so i'm sure it can be
done.  will have to wait a bit as i'm one handed today.

--
David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
relson at osagesoftware.com       Ann Arbor, MI 48103