list spam

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Nov 11 05:14:05 CET 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:18:55 -0700
Glenn English wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 20:05, Glouis wrote:
> > :))
> >

> > application/x-executable attachment (Joke.exe)

...[snip]...

> Might it not be a good idea to hardcode in a fershur spam indicator on
> the string ".exe" :-)

Hello Glenn,

Easy to say, not so easy to do, AFAIK.  Correcting the problem is on the
todo list, but bogofilter and live are presently higher on the list...

The standard postfix mail delivery sequence uses postfix (or maildrop)
to run virus and spam filtering before delivering incoming mail to its
destination.  When mailman installs it creates an aliases file which
bypasses the postfix/maildrop step, hence bypasses filtering.

At present, I need to learn how to rework the configuration so that
virus detection (like amavisd or clamav) can be used.  If you have
knowledge of such matters, speak up!

Regards,