Bug report - bogofilter 0.93.0

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Nov 11 02:34:08 CET 2004

Maurizio Loreti <maurizio.loreti at pd.infn.it> writes:

> CFLAGS=-O2 ./configure --prefix=/usr/soft --with-gsl-prefix=/usr/soft
>
> and got:
> checking for GSL - version >= 1.4... no
> *** Could not run GSL test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
> *** exact error that occured.
>
> Looking into config.log, I have found there:
> configure:12332: checking for gsl-config
> configure:12363: result: /usr/soft/bin/gsl-config
> configure:12371: checking for GSL - version >= 1.4
> configure:12470: gcc -o conftest -O2  -Wpointer-arith -ggdb -Wall -W
>  -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Wbad-function-cast
>  -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return
>  -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wnested-externs
>  -fno-common -Wchar-subscripts -Wcomment -Wimplicit -Wsequence-point
>  -Wreturn-type -Wno-system-headers -Wformat -I/usr/soft/include
>  conftest.c -lm  -L/usr/soft/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm >&5
> cc1: Unrecognized option `-Wmissing-format-attribute'
> cc1: Unrecognized option `-Wsequence-point'
> cc1: Unrecognized option `-Wno-system-headers'
> configure:12473: $? = 1
> configure: program exited with status 1

Maurizio,

bogofilter's ./configure script tests all the warning options before
adding them to the gcc call.

If your gcc is 3.4, it supports all these options, including
-Wmissing-format-attribute, -Wsequence-point and -Wsystem-headers (and
their no- variants) - my 3.4.3 does, I just tried.

Plus, if the gcc driver had barfed, ./configure hadn't added these
options.

It appears as though your driver (gcc) and the actual compiler (cc1) are
not of the same version. Check the paths or reinstall gcc-3.4 with a
supported and documented procedure, then retry, and make sure there's no
-B option lingering around (this enables newer driver with older
backends).

Hope that helps,