(no subject)

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Wed Nov 10 22:32:53 CET 2004

Matthias Andree wrote:
> Robin Bowes <robin-lists at robinbowes.com> writes:
>

>>>BTW, 0.93.0 has a bug in that it cannot automatically run recovery
>>>(hence the name "current" release, as opposed to "stable"), running
>>>bogoutil -f '/home/vpopmail/domains/robinbowes.com/robin/.bogofilter' is
>>>advised after each error. This will be fixed in 0.93.1, you can also
>>>apply this patch, recompile, reinstall, and then run the bogoutil -f
>>>command as shown above.
>>
>>Just clarifying, is the following behaviour a result of this bug, or am
>>I doing something wrong:
>

> The bug only prevented _automatic_ recovery (after a crash) from being
> run. Manual recovery is working even with the bug.
>

>>[root at compact .bogofilter]# pwd
>>/home/vpopmail/domains/robinbowes.com/robin/.bogofilter
>>[root at compact .bogofilter]# bogoutil -f .
>>[root at compact .bogofilter]# db_stat -h . -d wordlist.db
>>db_stat: fatal region error detected; run recovery
>

> Is db_stat using the same BerkeleyDB library file as bogofilter?
> I cannot reproduce that problem.

[root at compact root]# rpm -qf /usr/bin/db_stat
db4-utils-4.1.25-14

[root at compact root]# rpm -qR bogofilter
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
bash
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)
libdb-4.2.so
libm.so.6
libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)

They're different. I'll look for libdb-4.2 or rebuild 0.93 from the
source RPM.

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com