Setup help: UW-imap and default folders (RH 9)

Todd Slater dontodd at columbus.rr.com
Mon Nov 8 02:30:48 CET 2004

Greetings,

I've been searching the archives trying to come up with a system using
bogofilter for system-wide use. I'm using the default imap, which I
believe is UW, procmail, and SquirrelMail.

I had planned on just tagging mails with the X-Bogosity header and
having users bounce misclassified mails to special accounts. However, a
few users' MUA's don't offer a bounce feature.

My next thought was to set up a series of folders:

Junk
 -Junk
 -Junk-NOT (tagged as spam, but it's not)
 -Good-NOT (tagged as ham, but it's not)

And something similar for Unsure. Then I'd write a script to retrain
misclassified mails and mails bogofilter wasn't sure about, assuming
users were responsible enough to drop mails in the proper place.

After a couple of hours googling I can't figure out how to set up this
mail folder structure in /etc/skel, which I'd like so as to create
everything with new user accounts.

Can anybody offer a hint, or suggest a better solution?

Thanks,
Todd

--
Name that tune #4: I said, "There is no justice!" as they led me out the
door; and the judge said, "This isn't a court of justice, son, this is a