divergence?

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Fri May 21 12:24:57 CEST 2004

David Relson wrote:

>>Overall, it doesn't seem to be working very well right now and I'm
>>finding I have to keep running these retraining loops a lot.
>

> I've never approved of training loops, preferring to let the "correct if
> unsure/error" process work, even if it takes a while.  Admittedly, an
> "ignore list" violates the "take a while" principle :-)
>

>>I'm looking for ideas on how to manage this better.  I'm afraid that
>>if I just run retraining loops every single day I'll eventually end up
>>with a wordlist that has a grosse divergence from reality.
>

> Likely so.

Well, I tossed out all these nifty rules and tools to complicate my life
and rebuild everything from scratch using some new settings and left it
at that.

Seems to have picked itself off the floor and it working much better
now.  There's still ~1 that gets through every day on these double
bounces but I'm not sure how to manage those.  I guess with enough of
them, bogofilter will pick that up to.