[bogofilter] ESF and redundancy

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Tue May 11 14:59:55 CEST 2004

Tom Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 19:33, michael at optusnet.com.au wrote:
>

> Most emails are not very large.  Most of the spams that still get
> through for me are a very short virus message with very similar wording
> ("your file is attached", etc), but apparently they have enough header
> tokens (content-type, domain, date, etc) to offset the spaminess.  I
> think using multiple-token phrases will help here.

But is it spam?

Anti-virus scanner to catch virus'
Spam filter to catch spam.

When I was using razor, a lot of people would report Debian posts that
were auto-replies and unsubscribe requests as spam.  While not exactly
desired email, it wasn't exactly UCE either.

Practically speaking, I found doing this to be rather ineffective
against virus' and tended to screw up my spam filtering effectiveness as
well.  Installing clamav fixed both problems.