subject rewrites

Bob George mailings02 at ttlexceeded.com
Mon Mar 29 07:55:30 CEST 2004

Brenda O'Hagan wrote:

>maybe a description of what i'm trying to achieve is better
>
>i pipe my incoming emails through spamassasin, and that works well, and
>catches about 90% of the spam i recieving.
>
>for today i've been piping my mail through bogofilter instead.
>It works great, and is catching about 90%, but a different 90% to what
>spamassin catches.
>[...]
I'm using several checks, including bogofilter and spamassassin. I'm
finding the combination particularly powerful, and I've recently started
incorporating bogofilter (and other bayes) scores into spamassassin
rules that do header checks. Rather than count on one or the other being
accurate (both ways -- we get a lot of wanted "spammy" mail here), I set
up a spamassassin rule to act on the bogofilter (and other) headers. In
short, this lets me use whitelist and some of the other spamassassin
niceties, with the bloodhound strengths of bogofilter. It also gives me
a consistent report format for reviewing messages that are flagged as spam.

- Bob