subject rewrites

Brenda O'Hagan brenda at wallace.net.nz
Mon Mar 29 06:56:21 CEST 2004

maybe a description of what i'm trying to achieve is better

i pipe my incoming emails through spamassasin, and that works well, and
catches about 90% of the spam i recieving.

for today i've been piping my mail through bogofilter instead.
It works great, and is catching about 90%, but a different 90% to what
spamassin catches.

 i haven't got any false positives from bogofilter (after training it) so i'm
very impressed.

so, i'd like to use the both systems, spamassasin and bogofilter.

i'm set up kontact to pipe my emails through bogofilter, and if it's still not
marked as spam, then pipe through spam assassin.

so the emails that are detected as spam by bogofilter, i would like the
subject to be re-written to show clearly that it is spam.

i know i can detect and file the email based on the headers, but i guess i
like to see that subject change. makes looking for accidently deleted stuff
in my trashcan easier.

so, can i get bogofilter to re-write subjects in what it sends back to stdout?

thanks for any help
-Brenda