0.17.2 and 0.17.3 differences in scoring

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Mar 19 13:44:51 CET 2004

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 06:57:12 -0500
Tom Allison wrote:

> block_on_subnets=no
>
> I came in this AM and found 5 Unsure emails which was atypical.
>
> So I decided to run these 5 through bogofilter -vv and see what came
> up. Then I reverted back to v 0.17.2 and did it again.
> 0.17.2 caught two of the 5.  the real answer was 5 ham, 0 spam.
>
> I posted on pair of -vv output at the bottom.  I didn't go with -vvv
> because I didn't want to get too verbose on the mailing list.

>From the ChangeLog:

 	2004-03-09

	* Fix tagging of IPAddrs in header lines.

IPAddrs in header lines weren't being tagged due to a defect in the
code.  Below is a simple test showing the difference between 0.16.4 and
0.17.3

## echo Received: test at example.com 1.2.3.4 | bogolexer-0164 -p
rcvd:test
rcvd:example.com
1.2.3.4

## echo Received: test at example.com 1.2.3.4 | bogolexer-0173 -p
rcvd:test
rcvd:example.com
rcvd:1.2.3.4

What's happening is that "rcvd:1.2.3.4" doesn't appear in your wordlist,
so can't be used for scoring a message.  With some training, bogofilter
will begin to recognize "rcvd:1.2.3.4".

> For my own sanity, can someone expand on the lexer change?  I didn't
> see it in the Release Notes.  Also, what's a good way to activate this
>
> variable for transactional processing?

Are you referring to transaction processing in the database?  Look for
getenv in datastore_db.c :-)