Effect of 0.17.3 lexer change (was: [bogofilter-announce] bogofilter-0.17.3 - new current release)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Mar 19 13:32:54 CET 2004

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:23:05 +0100
Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> David Relson wrote:
>
> > Bogofilter-0.17.3, a.k.a. "Code Clean-up Release - Phase 2", has
> > been released.
>
> I did a check on my mail collection about the lexer change.
> Of 11529 ham messages 1 is now rated incorrectly.
> Of 14397 spam messages 4 are now rated incorrectly.
>
> So to my surprise the effect is very small. YMMV, in
> particular if you use the block_on_subnets option.
>
> pi

pi,

I assume you're referring to the IP Address fix ???

I'm presently experimenting with another lexer change.  A while back I
noticed that mime header parts ( the Content-Type, Content-Disposition,
etc lines after a mime boundary) are tagged as head:Content-Type, etc
and thought it wrong.   I'm presently using "mime:" as the tag for these
lines which distinguishes them from the same lines in the message's
header.  If you're interested in experimenting/testing I've attached a
patch.  I'm thinking of including this change in 0.17.4 :-)

David