0.17.3 MSG_COUNT problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Mar 19 05:44:03 CET 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:23:42 -0500
Tom Allison wrote:

> tallison at janus:~> bogotune -n Maildir/.training.ham/cur/ -s
> Maildir/.training.spam/cur/
> Can't find '.MSG_COUNT'.

Sounds like bogotune can't find your wordlist.  Try using "-d
/path/to/wordlist" and see if that helps.  If not, run "bogoutil -w
/path/to/wordlist .MSG_COUNT" and report the result.

> I've tried rebuilding the bogofilter wordlist from a dump from
> yesterday and I get the same error every time.
>
> There is a .MSG_COUNT entry in the 'dumps'
>
> tallison at janus:~> bogotune -v  -n Maildir/.training.ham/cur/ -s
> Maildir/.training.spam/cur/
> Reading Maildir/.training.ham/cur/
> Reading /home/tallison/.bogofilter/wordlist.db
> Can't find '.MSG_COUNT'.

What does "bogoutil -w /home/tallison/.bogofilter/wordlist.db
.MSG_COUNT" say?

> tallison at janus:~>
>
> Histogram works,

Mostly histogram counts tokens.  Does it report correct message counts?

> I did not initially run any bogoupgrades.

bogoupgrades are generally needed when there's been a major database
change, such as the change from separate ham and spam wordlists to a
combined wordlist.  The bogupgrade program is rarely needed.