~/.bogofilter.cf not found (was: [bogofilter-announce] bogofilter-0.17.3 - new current release)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Mar 18 21:33:26 CET 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:53:22 +0100
Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> David Relson wrote:
>
> > Bogofilter-0.17.3, a.k.a. "Code Clean-up Release - Phase 2", has
> > been released.  This release has minor bug fixes and the usual
> > documentation changes and code refactoring.
>
> I just compiled it. It does not work:-(
>
> It complains that:
> Cannot open /home/3.14/bin/bogofilter/etc/bogofilter.cf: No
> such file or directory
>
> So obviously, bogofilter is not happy with my ~/.bogofilter.cf.
>
> pi

Hi pi,

It's working fine here.  As a test I ran the following commands:

   echo xxx > ~/.bogofilter.cf
   bogofilter
   echo zzz > /etc/bogofilter.cf
   bogofilter

The first bogofilter run complained

	Error - bad parameter 'xxx'

and the second complained

	Error - bad parameter 'zzz'
	Error - bad parameter 'xxx'

Evidently something strange is happening on your machine.  Generate some
debug output with  "bogofilter -x c -vvv -Q" and we can learn more.