Problems with bogofilter getting stuck

Oded Arbel oded at geek.co.il
Wed Mar 17 12:09:11 CET 2004

ביום רביעי 17 מרץ 2004, 12:44, נכתב על ידי Matthias Andree:

> > and didn't do anything. googling also got me nowhere. can you please
> > explain how can I fix the wordlist file ?
>
> No released bogofilter version, stable or developer version, stores
> information to recover from application crash, system crash or write
> error events ("disk full") that happen at the wrong moment.
>
> If you have your original spam and ham mailboxes still around, remove
> the data base and re-build it from scratch.

This is what I did. I don't have the full training corpus for the original
database because at first I used it in auto-train mode, and only after I set
up my manual training system I started cataloging the emails. so now the
database file is about half of the original, but from checking email traffic
on the server in the last 30 minutes it seems that it classifies email even
better then before.
And of course - it doesn't hang anymore.

Huge thanks for everyone who helped and especially David Relson :-)

--
Oded

::..
Famous Last Words 410-"Quick !! How does one UNSUMMON a demon lord ?"