Random lettered word examples

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Tue Mar 16 14:48:47 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 08:10, David Relson wrote:
> what scores I have for my unsure-ham and unsure-spam messages.  I always
> see a wide variety of scores -- including spam towards the bottom of the
> unsure range and ham towards the top of it.  Much as I'd like to see the
> cutoffs tightened to decrease unsures, it's not destined to happen.

I use -u to reinforce bogofilter's classifications, and my ham scores
are almost always 0.000000, with a few showing >0 on the last one or two
significant digits.  This is even true of commercial hams which I might
personally think "unsure" at first.  I could probably lower my
ham_cutoff to 0.000100 without too much risk for false positives or
unsures, but being very cautious I keep it all the way up at 0.15 and
still receive very few false negatives and zero false positives.  My
unsures (generally between 0.4 and 0.5) are always spam, so I'm
gradually reducing my spam_cutoff, but always intend to keep it above
robx just in case.

Tom