New version

Bill McClain wmcclain at salamander.com
Tue Mar 16 13:28:15 CET 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 06:54:48 -0500
Tom Allison <tallison at tacocat.net> wrote:

> Perhaps something to the effect of:
> min_dev: you want to make sure your robx value is within the range of
> 0.50 +/- min_dev.  If you don't then all your new tokens will be
> included in calculations and have strange results on your scores.

I don't think that's generally true. I'm currently using:

    robx=0.400000
    min_dev=0.020
    robs=0.0100
    spam_cutoff=0.282
    ham_cutoff=0.043

...and getting 1% false negative, 0.1% false positive. A narrow range of
eqivocal tokens (0.48-0.52) are not checked when scoring, and
previosuly unseen tokens are scored 0.4, which is still spammish using
my cutoffs.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                The King in Yellow
http://sattre-press.com/                 by Robert W. Chambers