OT: Chunking the cruft - random lettered words

Tig tigger at onemoremonkey.com
Tue Mar 16 12:46:39 CET 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:07:02 -0500
"Eric Wood" <eric at interplas.com> wrote:

<snip>
> Solved.  Okay, my only other nuscience email comes with lots of
random
> words in it:
>
> wogwo gwoehg gjjdjgdd ......
>
> I've trained till I'm blue in the face.  The procmail list didn't
> yeild a magic rule to help me with this.  Does anyone have a trick for
> this kind of email?
>
> Thanks,
> -Eric Wood

Could you do some kind of test against percentage of known to unknown
words from a dictionary file (most *nix installs have one, mine is
/usr/share/dict/words)?

I'm guessing with some time a little bit shell/perl scripting you could
possibly come up with something.

Alternatively, you could feed a second bogofilter wordlist.db the
dictionary file _AS_SPAM_, then use that second install of bogofilter to
detect a message as spam (with a custom .conf file too), if it does then
its OK to go through.

-Tig