Filtering and ignorelists

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Fri Mar 5 13:11:29 CET 2004

Jozef Hitzinger wrote:
> Michael, I've skipped some of your questions, as I want this to discussion
> to focus on facts. There _are_ people who have problems with current
> bogofilter. The current training _is_not_ theoretically ok, so please
> don't throw a modified version off the table so fast, will you? If it
> proves bad, I'll be first to rip it away.

What is the problem with the current training?

The direct manipulation of email headers smells a bit like the regex
filtering that SA does.  Only a little but I recognize there are some
fundamental differences in your approach and theirs.

But all that aside and still subject to debate...  what is not ok with
the current training?

I suppose you could periodically remove words from your list using fgrep
-vf as previously described.

Could you try it and see what the differences are in results.