Advice on group filtering

printer at moveupdate.com printer at moveupdate.com
Wed Mar 3 23:13:21 CET 2004

> Yes I know, "don't do it", but...
>
> Potential target userbase is 4000 typical dialup ISP clients.
> The aim is to reduce spam from no filtering (anything is an
> improvement) but try to get to near zero false positives with
a view to
> /dev/null'ing them eventually, so we're aiming for
> no false positives at the expense of 10% to 20% spam if the
> equation needs to be skewed that way to keep the false positives
down as
> near to zero as possible.

i have a SpamAssassin & BogoFilter filtering system setup for
our company, using sendmail and procmail. A system wide recipie
in procmail looks for certain "bad words" which do not go on
through to the users and then I let SpamAssassin do a preliminary
spam search without bayseian analysis and then I let BF have
a go at the message. Our success rate is extremely high plus
we can customize both SA and BF on a per user basis.