please use [BOGOFILTER] subject prefixes

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 19:10:19 CET 2004

"Eric Wood" <eric at interplas.com> writes:

> From: "Matthias Andree"
>> Only users with inferior mailers file such requests.
>
> Please read through the thread before replying in the middle.  You'll see
> that I withdrew my request.  Also, kindly dispense with the attitude.

I've even posted this _after_ reading your withdrawal.

Do not take this personal, it isn't meant to be.
You are welcome on this list!

But I reject the attitude disposal request. The number of technical,
security and social problems caused by Outlook Express is immense, for
both the OE users and their correspondents, and I find it inadequate to
compensate for one particular mailer that violates standards, written or
conventional, and I kindly request that the public not be engaged with
the particular problems OE raises. I acknowledge your original inquiry
was friendly worded and not unreasonable per se, but I do not understand
if someone expects a majority of setups to change to accomodate for the
convenience of a minority.

But let's not dig out the hatchet, the topic of this list is and will be
bogofilter in the first place, and it's a lucky coincidence that the
mechanisms that help integrate bogofilter allow the individual to
compensate for a missing feature in OE - although some list subscribers
will dislike any changes of the subjects for they may break the
threading in their mailers.

Getting everybody in the same boat were so much easier if all had the
same goals, but life would OTOH be kinda boring _if_ we had.

Happy filtering (spam and lists :-)