procmail web frontend?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 17:01:44 CET 2004

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004, Eric Wood wrote:

> This is a little off topic but has been asked many times says google:
>
> Does anyone have a web front end (php or whatever) that would allow an admin
> to construct a customized procmail recipe?

I'd say: better avoid procmail if you find its non-existent "user
interface" lacking (I for one find procmail awful).

I recommend switching to a recent maildrop 1.6.X or newer, it has a
different syntax than procmail, which is easier to read, and you'll get
a LOT less nasty surprises than with procmail because error handling is
a lot more consistent, no invisible fallthrough that usual procmailrc
editors will likely not protect you from.