no To: header in emails

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Wed Mar 3 15:40:45 CET 2004

Fred Yankowski wrote:
> If someone originates an email with addresses only in the Bcc: header,
> then it will have no To or Cc headers when it arrives at its
> destination(s).   I do get some valuable mail of that sort.

So, if only Bcc receipients are populated when sendmail a mail, the
existance of the To: field is not guaranteed.   Outlook, for example,
gratiously slips in "undisclosed recipients" in the To: field.

But, what I'm hearing is that some email clients will not generate a To:
fields if only Bcc: receipients are used.  To: CC: and Bcc: will all be
missing.

Interesting...  thanks for putting up with this off topic thread.

-eric wood