[Bogofilter] Re: please use [BOGOFILTER] subject prefixes

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue Mar 2 21:53:24 CET 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 06:50 am, Chris Wilkes wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 03:20:22PM -0500, Eric Wood wrote:
> > I have a feeling I'm going to get killed here but....
> >
> > Most of the other mailing list I'm own prefix all mail with [LIST-NAME]
> > in the subject line.  Can we do the same here? It'll definitely help me
> > visually sort through my mail.
>
> In looking at your email headers it looks like you're using Outlook
> Express.  I believe you can use the Rules Wizard to create a filter so
> that email with a To: of bogofilter can be put into its own directory.

That doesn't always work when the list is CC'd to. It would be so
much easier if the list maintainer added it. I'm on a couple of
dozen lists and this is the only one without a subject tag. A mild
downside is that if people add their own subject tag and then reply
to the list, as I have, then we get the ugly build up of Re: Re:'s.

FWIW here's a maildrop recipe..

if ((/^List-Id: <bogofilter.*@aotto.com>/:h))
{
   /^Subject: *!.*/:h
   xfilter "/usr/bin/reformail -I'Subject: [Bogofilter] '\"$MATCH2\""
}

--markc