please use subject prefixes

Bob George mailings02 at ttlexceeded.com
Tue Mar 2 21:41:10 CET 2004

Eric Wood <eric at interplas.com> wrote:
> I have a feeling I'm going to get killed here but....

It happened on another list I'm on...

> Most of the other mailing list I'm own prefix all mail with
> [LIST-NAME] in the subject line.  Can we do the same here?
> It'll definitely help me visually sort through my mail.

It's easy enough to add your own, using procmail (esp. if you're already using
it). I prefer to do my own tagging and subject cleanup simply because of the
many variations out there. This way, YOU have complete control over the
presentation and sorting in YOUR client without any specific format being
imposed on all. (Besides, I HATE those "Re: Re: Re:" monstrosities!)

:0 fw
* ^TOwhatever
* ^Subject: \/.*
| formail -I "Subject: [mytag] $MATCH"