bogofilter setup in multi-user

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Wed Jun 30 03:40:03 CEST 2004

David Relson wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:18:02 -0400
> Tom Allison wrote:
>

>>.rp wrote:
>>
>>>We use sendmail8.12 and procmail.
>>>
>>>In the system wide procmailrc we start off by using a few rules we
>>>want run before bf'ing a message.
>>>

>><snip>
>>
>>>Now we need to find out which enduser is the intended recipient
>>>#ok, who is this being processed for?
>>>:0 fhw
>>>

>>I like this part.  Nice way of storing off who it's for.
>>I have a question though, if this is sent to three people and you are
>>running this through one system wide procmailrc, what kind of entries
>>do you get for this Header?
>

> Tom,
>
> I think it's really quite easy for the MTA.  Assuming the 3 recipients
> are Tom, Dick, and Harry, there would be 3 copies of the message
> addressed to Tom at domain.com, Dick at domain.com, etc, and the MTA would
> deal with LOGNAME=Tom and with LOGNAME=Dick and ...

At the ~/.procmailrc level it definitely would be doing this, but the
"system wide" application is typically /etc/procmailrc and the owner is
ROOT.  My original assumption that I question here is if this system
wide procmail filter will really address three message?  If so, then
that would mean bogofilter would have to process it three times, and
with '-u' this could potentiall be problematic if you have a significant
number of recipients.  robs/robx would become very important here.