bogoutil runs forever dumping database?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Jun 29 19:25:28 CEST 2004

Thor Lancelot Simon <tls at rek.tjls.com> writes:

>> See http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/faq.php#rescue for quick recovery
>> instructions. Note there is no guarantee that this condition is recoverable.
>
> Well, that doesn't work; db_dump -r just runs forever, just like
> bogoutil -d does.
>
> I can use plain db_dump; that works, but gives me only a small part of
> the data before hanging, so that I have to ^C it.   What I really need, I
> assume, is a way to just skip over the bad pages in the database; but I
> cannot find a simple way to do that.

Another way would be db_dump -R but it can easily emit total b*llsh*t
intermixed with actual data.

Bogofilter relies on Berkeley DB and its utilities to handle the data
base, and can only provide what Berkeley DB offers.

An alternative is to use Berkeley DB 4.2 and the TXN branch (from
http://home.pages.de/~mandree/bogofilter/ ) but it's not up to date yet
but three weeks old - based on 0.91.1.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95