bogoutil runs forever dumping database?

Thor Lancelot Simon tls at rek.tjls.com
Mon Jun 28 22:24:37 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 10:17:12PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Thor Lancelot Simon <tls at rek.tjls.com> writes:
>
> > Okay, so, db_verify says this:
> >
> > 	> db_verify *.db
> > 	db_verify: Last item on page 2616 sorted greater than parent entry
> > 	db_verify: DB->verify: wordlist.db: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification failed
> >
> > How can I recover from this condition?  My DB foo is pretty rusty.
>
> See http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/faq.php#rescue for quick recovery
> instructions. Note there is no guarantee that this condition is recoverable.

Well, that doesn't work; db_dump -r just runs forever, just like
bogoutil -d does.

I can use plain db_dump; that works, but gives me only a small part of
the data before hanging, so that I have to ^C it.   What I really need, I
assume, is a way to just skip over the bad pages in the database; but I
cannot find a simple way to do that.

Thor