wordlist.db problem

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Fri Jun 18 12:02:20 CEST 2004

On 17 Jun 2004 at 21:45, OTR Comm wrote:

> I don't want to automatically update the database anyway, so this
> problem made me dig a little deeper into how bogofilter works.  Still a
> long way to go, but this has been helpful.  I may be wrong about not
> using the -u switch, but I don't see that it buys me much.  Or does it?

I have never used -u, because there is a risk of incorrectly updating
the database. Also It can make your database very large very quickly
and this can slow to response to new types of spam.

I just train on error. You might find the "bfproxy" tool useful for
the train-on-error process. It allows you to send ham and spam to
special variants of your email address to update the database.

--
Peter Bishop
pgb at adelard.com
pgb at csr.city.ac.uk