help using the new ignore wordlist feature

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Jun 14 17:38:10 CEST 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:20:22 -0400
Eric Wood wrote:

> [...]
...[snip]...

> Okay, that's making since.  Would it be advisable to add?:
>
> head:Date
> head:X-Mailer
> head:User-Agent

Hi Eric,

Use "bogofilter -p wordlist.db" to see if those tokens yield scores that
would matter to you.  I'd expect those three tokens to be in most every
message, hence to have neutral scores, hence not be useful in the ignore
list.

Here are my scores for them:
                         spam    good    Fisher
head:Date               62636   75249  0.500145
head:X-Mailer           27547   26673  0.553861
head:User-Agent           806   17909  0.051323

The way I determined those tokens should be included was to take a bunch
of "Unsures", build a new wordlist with them, see which ones had high
counts, then select the ones that seemed like they should not be part of
the final result, i.e. select those that I wouldn't include as part of
the ham/spam scoring.

As alwasy, the proper tokens for your lists depend on your mail.