help using the new ignore wordlist feature

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Mon Jun 14 17:04:01 CEST 2004

From: "David Relson" <relson at osagesoftware.com>
> Putting the above tokens into ignore.db results in bogofilter's score
> being based more on the body of the message than on its header and gives
> more accurate results -- and _that's_ how I use ignorelists!

Once I find time to upgrade to the version which supports ignore lists, I'll
put in all of the month and day abbreviations, as dates are always biased
one way or the other for no good reason.  A spam is not more likely to be a
ham just because it arrives on a Monday or in February, no matter how many
hams I got last Monday or last February!  And I can't remove dates prior to
going through bogofilter because mail clients use them for sorting.
Therefore an ignore list is the ideal solution for this.

Tom