SUMMARY: Re: Compile error V0.91.1: gsl_sf_exp_e redefined

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Jun 10 18:08:25 CEST 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Uwe Richter wrote:

> - C compiler is:
>   $ cc -V  # Compaq C V6.3-027 on Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1 (Rev. 732)
>            # Compiler Driver V6.3-026 (sys) cc Driver
>   The system's native cc produces much more faster code than gcc -
>   so for "primary service binaries" gcc is no option for us.

This compiler should have an option to switch floating point code,
probably -ieee_with_no_inexact, according to GCC documentation.

Does your compiler support -ieee_with_no_inexact?
man cc(1) or other forms of Compaq C or cc documentation should tell you.

As a quick check (that should make the t.u_fpe test pass if it works), try:

rm -f config.cache
env CFLAGS="-O2 -ieee_with_no_inexact" sh configure [other options go here]
make all
cd src/tests
make check TESTS=t.u_fpe

Should give a PASS: t.u_fpe

> - bogofilter version:
>   0.91.1 with patches received from
>   Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de>
>   (see attach check-extern_inline.diff)
>   Thanks!

You're welcome, and thanks for testing.

I was wondering whether today is a holiday in Thuringia and I had to
wait til Monday for the result, but it appears not. :)

> - $ make check # (see attach make_checl.log)
>   failed for:
>   - t.u_fpe: ./t.u_fpe[7]: 498301 Floating exception
>              maybe as Alpha is little endian
>   - t.multiple.wordlists: ?
>   - t.MH: ?
>   - t.maildir: ?
>   scipped:
>   - t.valgrind: ?

Some of the tests are known to be broken (they only differ in the
version=0.91.1 tag), patch "update-testsuite.diff" attached.

> >Compiling try.c (cc -o try try.c) should work, and running ./try should
> >print 1764.
>
> This worked without errors for the system's cc mentioned above.

And it tested a different aspect so it didn't figure what we needed.

Can you please send me your config.log file and the output of
./config.guess off-list?

BTW, valgrind is a memory access checker that only works on Linux on
x86 AFAIK (although ports to other systems and machines are in
progress), it's normal that the test is skipped.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95